Inkjet printers have been around since the 1950’s and have been useful to us by reproducing our digital images, and documents. With the use of black or colored ink, printers have taken our written work from the computer; put it onto paper and into our hands. With today’s technological advancements, printers have branched out from only printing paper, to creating 3D replicas of everyday objects.
The use of additive manufacturing or 3D printing began in the 1980’s and its process uses layers of material to transform and produce an object from digital mode into a three dimensional solid item. This development in technology, going from inkjet to 3D printers, has taken printing to another level and opened us all up to a whole new world.
Here are 5 amazing 3D creations.
1. Shapeways makes the 3D printed Nanolet, which is an iPod Nano Bracelet
[Photo via: Giganom]
2. MiiCraft 3D Printer creates the Leaning Tower of Pisa
[Photo via: MiiCraft]
3. sPro 230 SLS system makes an Atom 3D Printed Bass Guitar
[Photo via: Odd Guitars]
4. Shapeways 3D printing service creates Haute render, custom 3D printed shoes
[Photo via: The Verge]
5. Voxeljet 3D printer produces James Bond’s Aston Martin stunt double in Skyfall
[Photo via: Engadget]