This post brought to you by SPOT. All opinions are 100% mine.
Sometimes giving gifts can be difficult, but one general rule of thumb for giving good gifts is to always think practical. What could be more practical for an adventurer in your life than giving the gift of safety? The SPOT Satellite GPS messenger is a great gift for hikers, campers, mountain climbers, and other outdoor adventurers in your life.
In fact, for the holiday season, if you purchase the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger you’ll get a bonus adventure kit worth $50. The kit includes a coupon for 15% off Basic Service, flotation case for SPOT, micro LED flashlight, safety tips bandana, lanyard, safety whistle and a carabineer keychain. Not bad.
On to the features:
- SPOT transmits your exact GPS coordinates and sends selected messages over commercial satellites to tell others of your location and status.
- Works anywhere in the world, outside of cellular networks.
- SPOT features four important functions that enable users to send messages to friends, family or emergency responders, based upon varying levels of need:
- - Alert 9-1-1 – Dispatches emergency responders to your exact location
- - Ask for Help – Request help from friends and family wherever you are
- - Check In – Lets your contacts know exactly where you are and that you’re OK
- - Track Progress – Saves your location and allows friends and family to track your progress using Google Maps™
Bottom line: The SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger is a great gift idea for any adventurer on your list.