Whether you are cooking the whole meal yourself or traveling to the dinner table “there is an app for that”. Thanksgiving can be extremely fun or extremely stressful, so to make sure you have more fun than stress, check out these 5 iPhone Apps that should make this holiday season much easier for you.
1. CHOW – This app literally takes you step by step through the entire Thanksgiving week. From recipes of Thanksgiving favorites, to a grocery list of everything to need, to a time line of your cooking schedule on the big day. It might even eat the meal for you, we are still waiting to hear back about that.
2. iFeast – Similar to CHOW in that it has recipes and suggestions and also a very detailed minute by minute plan for your turkey day. What separates this app from the other is it also has plans for Christmas dinner as well as just fancy dinners in general, so this is an app that will come in handy for all of your holiday parties.
3. Turkey Hunt – There is bound to be some down time while you are waiting for your bird to roast. Luckily that is where Turkey Hunt comes in. Entertain yourself by hunting down scrambling turkeys as the bolt across your screen. Put yourself in the shoes of the pilgrims, hunting down your Thanksgiving dinner, without the real threat of starving if you miss.
4. Yelp – Since not everyone is lucky enough to have a place to go on Thanksgiving, use the yelp app to help you find out where they are serving turkey dinner in your area. Since you have a iPhone, just download one of the dating service apps, so while you eat alone you can find your soul mate and never eat thanksgiving by yourself again!
5. Travel Apps – Since there are two popular ways of travel on this holiday we wanted to include one for each. Holiday travel is a mess no matter how or when you are getting to your destination. If you are flying, then using Flight Status will allow you to check any flight, on any airline, for any destination. This also useful for those unlucky souls who are waiting at the airport to pick up the relatives flying in. If you are driving to your Thanksgiving meal then you already know you will be stuck in traffic so there is no need for any of those apps. What you will need though is to know where to pit stop on your way. That is where SitorSquat comes in, allowing you to find the closest and cleanest bathrooms every where on your trip.